Project Green provides a true option to other established detergent manufacturers who cannot commit themselves to make the change to safe, biodegradable and sustainable ingredient based formulas.
The concept is simple: for any given cleaning application, Project Green formulates products with the safest, most biodegradable and most sustainable type of ingredients.
Project Green products consist of active ingredients, such as:
- Polyglycoside surfactant, derived from sugar (a renewable resource), and readily biodegradable
Ethanol, also derived from sugar
- NTA, the biodegradable chelating agent from the EDTA family
- Silicates, the least hazardous form of alkalinity. The main ingredient of traditional sugar soaps, these ingredients can be found in many heavy duty cleaning chemicals in the Project Green range.
- Citric Acid and Sulphamic acid
More importantly, the following hazardous, less biodegradable ingredients are not in the Project Green cleaning product range:
- Nonylphenol ethoxylates, which is non biodegradable and is a known endocrine disruptor (linked to adverse biological effects in animals).
- EDTA, a non biodegradable chelating agent.
- Phosphates, a class of sequestering agents, responsible for the eutrophication of many inland surface waters.
- Butoxy ethanol, a solvent able to penetrate the skin and capable of affecting the central nervous system.
As a result, ALL Project Green products are NOT classified as Dangerous Goods or Hazardous Substances. Instead, Project Green products are safe, readily biodegradable and can truly be called sustainable products.